Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mental Health Mondays

Hey Athenites,

To be honest, I've been very busy and had completely forgotten that it was my turn to post until about five minutes ago. I don't have much in terms of source material, so I'll leave you with some quotes to think about...


"Don't deprive me of my age. I have earned it." _May Sarton


"A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction." _Rita Mae Brown

What would you say are some examples of a life of reaction? A life of action? What are the consequences of each? Do you feel that the way someone lives can be slotted into either a reactive life or an active life, or is there a grey area in between? Why would someone want to live a life of action/reaction?

Happy holidays.
Micky

No comments:

Post a Comment